Images from the 2012 Exhibition at Abbotsford Convent
The former Convent of the Good Shepherd is notable for its scale and extent. It is set on 6.8 hectares on a sweeping bend of the Yarra river. It is one of the youngest buildings on this site and was built between 1900-1903 . Surrounded by beautiful gardens it now houses various studios for many artists who use the sun filled rooms where the Sisters used to sleep. The ground floor area of the Convent offers a range of interesting spaces and sizes many suitable for conferences and exhibitions and it was this area that attracted our attention.
The Guild is committed to promoting the art of traditional Découpage by presenting members’ work to the general public and offer a forum for education and communication amongst decoupeurs, the trade and the public.